Wednesday, April 15, 2009

discussion material




Last Wednesday was the cheap day ($1.64 including tax per film) at the local movie shop. I had long wanted to see the above documentary on the electric car. However, other titles captured my attention and I left with 4 documentaries and one other movie (Not Easily Broken).

Often, watching theatrical entertainment leaves me with an empty feeling wondering, "Why did I spend the last two hours doing this?" This last week was different! These films became fuel for discussion between my wife and I (good discussion). I feel enriched. I don't know how much of the above commentaries are absolute truth or not, but I believe that they at least point in the direction of truth on the various of issues of concern (Wal-Mart Problems, Electric Car Story, Limited Global Energy Supply, Credit Card Company & User Abuse).

It does help with my growing sense that there's room for improvement in my life regarding how I live in this world. It also will tie in with my next post regarding the belief that there are areas of concern in our world that the Church could be putting a lot more energy towards rather than just things that build it's own institution. Okay, enough on that. Time to go to the next post....

No comments: