Monday, January 14, 2008

lifestyle with...location about

In keeping with sharing quotes from my Palm collection, I now upload this succinct little analogy.  

"The religious man goes to church and thinks about fishing; the holy man goes fishing and thinks about God"  Author Unknown

Provided this statement reveals an element of truth for some, what might we learn?  

For starters for me, holiness is more about a lifestyle with God than a location about God. What do you think?  (not to negate the lifestyle with God stimulation value of a Godly location)

I'd love some honest feedback in the comments below from those of you who have a thought on this.


2 comments:

Martin said...

Another Quote for you - maybe you have heard or read it.
"A spiritual person is not one who can memorize theological facts, conduct his life with flawless ethics, or busy himself with church programs. A spiritual person is one who has learned how to walk in the Spirit, following his voice and being a vessel of God's character and power.

Hanan Merrill said...

No, I haven't heard of that one, but I love it. Thanks for adding it!