Tuesday, December 25, 2007

aaaaaaahhhhhhh! eeeeeehhhhhh! gggggrrrrrrr!

My intention is that this blog would be reflections that I have as a result of reading and listening to other's thoughts (i.e. books, articles, podcasts, etc.). Well, today the thoughts of my children, among many, often ended up sounding like aaaaaaahhhhhhh!, eeeeeehhhhhh!, or ggggrrrrrrr! as they delightfully peeled open their gifts. Later I went outdoors with them and built a sled run up behind the house. After multiple trips up the hill to get the trail packed down with laborioulsy slow runs, the sounds mentioned above began again to be free flowing. (The kids weren't the only ones making such utterances as I clearly contributed my own share of shrieking "noise".)

This reminds me of how it says in Scripture something to the effect, "The Holy Spirit interprets our groanings as prayers." Maybe prayer is more about what's said in the heart than what's said with the lips?

I wonder how such conclusions about prayer could affect group prayer?

No comments: