Thursday, December 6, 2007

Okay then, let's just start...

If I waited for the perfect time to start....well you know what the rest of that sentence should be.

I'm starting this blog largely as a personal discipline. Of course I'd love for it (truth be told I really want it to) to become something lots of people like and benefit from. I read a fair number of books and then look back and realize, "only some do I seem to remember much about". I have felt for a while that maybe I would benefit from journaling my experiences with the books I read. Also, when I read a good book, I long to share it with as many people as possible. Maybe this will be an avenue for doing just that.

In upcoming posts I'll begin listing some of the books I've read in recent years. I may share some experiences from some, or I may simply save that for a reread on some at which time I'll journal more on the book.

From now on I hope to allow you to peer into the tunnel that I as a bookworm am burrowing and see what it looks like from my experience. I'm very aware that part of the reason I'm on a "burrowing" journey is out of a passion to find something. I'm searching to find deeper purpose, meaning, and understanding in life. I'm trusting that God's Spirit is guiding and using this experience to lead me deeper in my relationship with Him.

Hope you enjoy the "tunneling" with me and that we don't get stuck!

No comments: