Sunday, December 23, 2007

Simplicity of a child.....

This has nothing to do with reading any books lately.  (I can't wait to have some quiet reading time again.  But, right now, it's time to be actively enjoying my family in various activities).  It's simply a funny family experience.  

Yesterday, while traveling in the van, my wife and I were talking with a friend who was riding with us.  We were talking, at one point, about the age old husband/wife sleeping temperature dilemma-cold wife and warm husband.  I was explaining about one recent night, while tossing and turning to fall asleep, my wife would nudge closer to me every time I moved so that she could stay warm.  

After this discussion, my 7 year old son piped up from the back seat.  "So, Mommy follows Daddy all over the bed cause' he's hot"?  

The Kingdom of God belongs to a child, eh?